Time for some hotfixes! Aside from what we address in this patch, we are also looking into an issue related to some worlds being reset when playing on Xbox. Additionally, we have a fix for an issue that could cause worlds to be different on Xbox versus PC, which could cause buildings to break. These two issues have been our highest priority and are working as fast as we can to get them fixed and implemented!
An important note here, is that when this is fixed it means that certain worlds on the Xbox version will have terrain changes in small areas of the world. Worst case, if you’ve built a lot in one of these areas, buildings there may break. Unfortunately there is no better solution for this, as the areas need to match with the PC versions for crossplay and all future world generation, and we truly apologise for the trouble this causes some players. Luckily this is something only a small number of players will notice at all. We try our best to ensure that these issues do not happen, but sometimes it’s unavoidable and we are truly sorry for any inconvenience.
Remember that you can use the “Manage Saves” button in the world selection to recover a world if you’ve run into any world issues. And also, if you are having an unplayable game in the latest patch, you can always run the last stable version by changing to the ‘default_old’ branch on Steam.
Abbreviated Patch Notes:
Fixes & Improvements
- Left handed mouse fixed
- Manual saving bug fixed
- Swap Triggers controller option added
- Text & UI fixes
- Performance & various bug fixes
Detailed Patch Notes
Fixes & Improvements:
- Manual save no longer causes you to respawn where you saved and can be called to a dedicated server if you are on the admin list
- Left handed mouse should now work correctly again
- Added “Swap Triggers” to control options, to be able to fix a potential issue for PlayStation controllers
- Fixed performance issues in main menu
- Fixed some special characters appearing as squares and symbols should look more like they did before
- Hovertext and text input on signs should now be displayed correctly and can use \t and \n symbols
- Text on signs should now be lit correctly and no lower glow
- Various UI & text fixes that were being displayed incorrectly
- Fixed an issue where the scrolling was slow and inverted on linux
- Engine updated to unity version 2020.3.41f1
- Added graphic setting “Balanced Mode” with 40 FPS and 1440p on Series X and 900p on Series S
- Right stick now only controls the character rotation in character screen